Are you interested in this innovation?
Great. Our mission is to help education innovations spread.
You have many options to proceed.
1. Innovation Page
As you have probably noticed, you can get more information from our innovation page.
We have tried to gather a lot of relevant information in simple and compact form, – from introduction to intended outcomes, from videos to photographs.
2. CONNECT WITH THE INNOVATOR
Maybe you want to ask something directly from the innovator.
It´s not a bad idea since they are the best experts.
3. CONNECT WITH us
But if you want to ask something from our experts at HundrED, that is fine as well.
We are here to help you and this service is free of charge.
Thank you for your question - we will get back to you the soonest.
And also remember that you can bookmark all your favourite innovations to your profile page for later use or for sharing them with the colleagues.
Kids Can! Innovation Camp
Because Kids Can!
Francis Jim Tuscano, Founder
We often underestimate the young people. We leave the big global problems to adults, disregarding the innate curiosity that drives the young people to understand the world. Our schools are all about learning what is in the book and seldom about learning in and from the world, where we live in.
In response to this, in June 2017, the Kids Can! Innovation Camp was launched in Xavier School - San Juan, Manila, Philippines in the small makeshift makerspace in the grade school. From an inter-after-school-club synergy, the Innovation Camp has become a global collaboration project supported by a global team of educators, who also took the challenge of translating the camp framework into languages such as Polish, Malaysia, Korean, Viet, and Filipino among others.
Big Ideas of Kids Can! Innovation Camp
- The Kids Can! Innovation Camp seeks to provide grade school-middle school students the opportunity to become critical thinkers, creative problem-solvers, and active agents of change. In order to do this, Kids Can! Project brings in the United Nations Global Goals or the Sustainability Development Goals of 2030 as a guiding tool for the children.
- The project framework brings design-thinking into the level of the students.
- The project is passion-based learning. This project also acknowledges the passion of students in creating products. Students will bank on their passion, talents, skills (individual and collaborative) as they participate in creating solutions for the problems they are working on.
- The project aims to help kids come up with different and genuine solutions. The kind and nature of solutions that the students can create depends on the nature of the problem they have identified. Hence, possible solutions may include but not limited to: Making or inventing , Information and advocacy campaigns, Call to action through service , and Philanthropy.