What is Spotlight Qatar?
Organized together with local partners, HundrED Spotlights are curated collections of education innovations offering a thorough insight into a specific area of education (e.g. Sustainability) or a certain location (e.g. Victoria, Australia). This Spotlight partners with Qatar Foundation and purpose is to discover 5 to 10 of the brightest innovations in the Qatar region. Together we aim to identify effective models for the Qatar region by looking for innovative learning innovations and their supporting and preventing factors.
There will be practical examples on:
- How schools best enable the implementation of educational innovations in the Qatar region.
- What conditions are necessary for schools to adapt learning innovations successfully in the Qatar region.
All submitted applications undergo a thorough research process and screening by an expert committee. The selected applications adhere to a strict selection criteria of being impactful, scalable and innovative. The deep insights gained through the Spotlight are shared with the world in the form of videos and a report.
Why Spotlight Qatar?
- Develop personal and collective abilities to create and transform processes of learning
- Highlight supporting factors and common blind spots in the Qatar region on innovation in education
- Encourage a culture of sharing within educators, principals, administrators, policy makers and other stakeholders
- Encourage cooperation locally and globally with all learning stakeholders.
Call for innovative projects
Call for projects ends
Innovation research and reviews
Innovation selection and content creation
Spotlight on Qatar innovations revealed
How does it work?
Who can apply?
Any kindergarten, primary and secondary school educator working in Qatar can submit their project or innovation from November 19th 2019 to February 29th 2020 .
In April 2020, 5-10 inspiring education projects from Qatar will be selected by an expert committee according to two main criteria: impact and scalability. Selected innovation will be then announced in Doha in November 2020.
How are projects selected?
HundrED use two factors to evaluate each innovation:
IMPACT: Evaluated as a valuable improvement within the innovation’s context. All innovations must have at-least 1-year of being implemented with its intended users.
SCALABILITY: Either the innovation is actively scaling to other contexts or has a high potential to scale for others to adopt its practice/technology.
Elements of these two factors could include (but not limited to):
- Clear, valuable goal that addresses a need
- Structured implementation design
- Purposeful collaboration
- Pedagogically sound
- Child/learner centered
- Improves outcomes
- Elevates educators Family/community/government engagement
- Cost-effectiveness & affordability
While an innovation may be weak on one factor, a holistic assessment will be evaluated for the final selection of innovations.