Learn the life-changing skill of meditation in just a few minutes a day with Headspace.
We want children to be healthy and happy, not just now but for the rest of their lives. And teaching them about meditation early would help them do just that. That’s why we created Headspace for Kids.
For now, there are five themes for kids to explore:
- Calm: Teach your child the fundamentals of meditation with simple, fun breathing exercises.
- Focus: Kids will use their imagination to practice a relaxed, precise kind of focus.
- Kindness: Visualization exercises that will teach your child about openness and generosity.
- Sleep: Help your little one get a good night's rest with relaxing mindfulness activities.
- Wake up: These quick meditations will help you and your child start the day off right.
Available to all subscribers, kids (and their parents) can enjoy fun, engaging activities that teach them the basics of mindfulness. They’ll practice breathing exercises, visualizations and even try some focus-based meditation. Of course, different exercises work best for different ages so we’ve customized the sessions for three age groups: 5 and under, 6-8 and 9-12.
Headspace partners with Barbie
In an increasingly busy, over-connected world, it is more important than ever to take time for yourself - this rings true for adults and kids alike! Headspace has partnered with Barbie to raise awareness around nurturing overall emotional well-being through mindfulness exercises.