HundrED shortlisted this innovation
What is Generation Global?
Ten million young people reach working age each month. Yet, the education they receive does not equip them to thrive in an increasingly interconnected world.
Together we can help young people be more resilient in the face of global challenges, by making education systems more inclusive and better equipped to support students’ development into active and open-minded citizens. Generation Global helps young people find their voice in an increasingly interconnected world. We offer:
1) Free, flexible teaching resources and skill building activities for 13-17-year-olds on a range of global issues, and high-quality training and support for teachers.
2) Our facilitated videoconferences are a unique opportunity for students to engage in dialogue on complex contemporary issues, improve communication skills, boost self-confidence, and develop critical thinking. This is synchronous video-based dialogue, it takes place at the same time, giving direct communication with their global peers.
3) The Ultimate Dialogue Adventure: An interactive online platform that leads students through a game to learn the skills of dialogue and participate in forums focused on a variety of global topics and issues. It is designed for 13-17-year-olds enables students to:
- Be part of a safe and moderated online global community, that connects students around the world outside of the classroom;
- Be able to learn the key skills of dialogue, which are critical thinking, active listening, global communication, questioning and reflection;
- Improve their communication skills and enhance their English language skills in a way that is engaging and informative, through forums and facilitated video conferences;
- Share their perspectives on a range of topics, including the importance of education, the rights of women and girls, climate change, media and fake news, culture and beliefs.
- Have fun as part of a gamified online learning experience!
Our practical approach to global citizenship has been tried and tested in over 30 countries, with state and country education ministries and departments, and our resources are recognised as best practice by UNESCO, The Club de Madrid, and the Brookings Institution.