Ten million young people reach working age each month. Yet, the education they receive does not equip them to thrive in an increasingly interconnected world.
Together we can help young people be more resilient in the face of global challenges, by making education systems more inclusive and better equipped to support students’ development into active and open-minded citizens. Generation Global helps young people find their voice in an increasingly interconnected world. We offer:
1) Free, flexible teaching resources and skill building activities for 13-17-year-olds on a range of global issues, and high-quality training and support for teachers.
2) Our facilitated videoconferences are a unique opportunity for students to engage in dialogue on complex contemporary issues, improve communication skills, boost self-confidence, and develop critical thinking. This is synchronous video-based dialogue, it takes place at the same time, giving direct communication with their global peers.
3) The Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (UDA): UDA is an immersive and fun online game for young people aged 13-17 to develop core dialogue skills, explore 14+ global topics, and build intercultural connections with peers from all over the world through written and live dialogues.
The UDA is accessible via both an online platform and a Mobile App, offering young people the flexibility to engage in dialogues anywhere, anytime. The App provides the convenience of real-time notifications, offline content access, and seamless interaction in low-bandwidth settings. It's a testament to our commitment to accessibility, ensuring that individuals, regardless of their background or economic status, can engage in dialogue. Moreover, the App complies with the Web Accessibility Initiative 2.1 guidelines, prioritising inclusivity, especially for individuals with disabilities.
- Be part of a safe and moderated online global community, that connects students around the world outside of the classroom;
- Be able to learn the key skills of dialogue, which are critical thinking, active listening, global communication, questioning and reflection;
- Improve their communication skills and enhance their English language skills in a way that is engaging and informative, through forums and facilitated video conferences;
- Share their perspectives on a range of topics, including the importance of education, the rights of women and girls, climate change, media and fake news, culture and beliefs.
- Have fun as part of a gamified online learning experience!
At its core, the programme adheres to established educational standards, including the Home Learning Approaches Framework and ISTE Student Standards, providing young people with an immersive learning experience.
Our practical approach to global citizenship has been tried and tested in over 30 countries, with state and country education ministries and departments, and our resources are recognised as best practice by UNESCO, The Club de Madrid, National Council for Social Studies, and the Brookings Institution.