Cristina H., teacher
HundrED shortlisted this innovation
Why did you create this innovation?
The classroom experience is core to the education path of every child - yet classroom learning delivers massively below potential. In many classrooms we observe kids are not engaged enough, not everybody participates, learning is not actively applied. We believe that technology can play a strong role in addressing these issues, by introducing fun yet competency oriented formative assessments.
How does your innovation work in practice?
Teachers create own questions, collaborate on question banks, or import public / curated question banks from other teachers or publishers. They activate question sets tailored to their curriculum as sessions for the students. Sessions can come in various forms, e.g., classic formative assessments, pre-knowledge checks, exit tickets, homework, self-study / autonomous learning, digital exams, and more exotic use cases like collaborative games (see bold blog: https://bold.expert/technology-enhances-collaborative-learning/), digital escape rooms, sessions fostering discussion / debate, journaling, etc. Students then solve the sessions on their own devices or on a shared device. The results are generated in real-time and can be made available to the students. The teacher has her diagnostic of the learning progress in real time and can adapt her teaching to the level of understanding of the class.
How has it been spreading?
Achievements so far:
- 170'000 registered teachers
- 10'000'000 students reached
- Active in >50 countries
- >250 institutional clients
- First Cantons in Switzerland and Districts in Germany closed, district deals in the US
- Excellent user feedback (NPS score >85) and excellent reviews (see capterra.com)
- In some contries, 10% of all teachers are using Classtime
Plans for the next 2-3 years
- Continue building the product allowing more detailed feedback (rubrics, improvement of free text)
- Build-out content partnerships
- Continue scaling up, fully rollout the solution for numerous federal states in Germany, districts in the US, deepening reach in Europe, expand to other countries (Estonia, Russia / Ex-USSR)
If I want to try it, what should I do?
Go to www.classtime.com, sign-up as a teacher, check out the onboarding videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJ4OXOHAbQ&list=PLiV2fvk3BKHXuqS0fcVuMULSoAAayzx72) or the help-center (https://help.classtime.com/en/). Thanks!!