Interested in this innovation?
Great! Our mission is to help innovations spread.
Contact the innovator here:
Bookmark the ones you like!
You can bookmark all your favorite innovations to your profile.
Brazilian Creative Learning Network
Fostering creative learning in Brazil
Leo Burd, Executive Director
What we do?
The Brazilian Creative Learning Network promotes and supports creative learning through a broad range of programs including:
- Organization of local, regional, and national events like Festivals of Invention and Creativity, Scratch Days and the yearly Brazilian Creative Learning Conference;
- Establishing regional hubs and task forces;
- Pedagogic support through the design and implementation of resources and professional development workshops for educators;
- Organization of year long fellowships to support emerging leaders and their projects
- Creation of new tools and support materials;
- Dissemination and exchange of experiences through meet-ups and online portal.
BCLNs approach empowers educators and school leaders while allowing for local adaptations, essential for succeeding in a country as large as Brazil. It fosters the buy-in of local partners including libraries, universities, social entrepreneurs and not-for-profit organizations. In this way, BCLN creates a vibrant reinforcing community of committed educators who bring innovation and playfulness back into the classroom and other educational environments.
Our approach has proven successful. In just 5 years with six full time staff members BCLN has reached 21,000 educators across the far corners of Brazil, from vulnerable communities in major urban centers to villages in the Amazon. With BCLN leadership, Brazil became the largest host of Scratch Days, a global initiative that fosters creative computing among youth. Through the systemic adoption program, the BCLN reaches out more than 2 million students in public schools.
Why we do it?
We believe that all Brazilians, since their early childhood, should have the opportunity to develop their creative potential and collaborate to build a more meaningful world.
Learn more from the Brazilian Creative Learning Network MANIFESTO.