Aminah Boyd, Centre Director.
Interested in this innovation?
Great! Our mission is to help innovations spread.
Contact the innovator here:
Bookmark the ones you like!
You can bookmark all your favorite innovations to your profile.
Small GREEN Steps
What is Small GREEN Steps ....
The Small GREEN Steps program is a 40 steps sustainability program that is delivered online over 4 levels - Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Best Practice.
Certificates are provided at the completion of each level and the submission of a checklist.
The program has been developed for the early leaning sector in order to provide sustainability knowledge, guidance and tools to educators of young children.
The program covers the full scope of sustainability including:
- Creating a Sustainability Commitment Statement
- Developing an Enviro Policy
- Establishing a Green Team
- Minutes, Agenda and Terms of Reference
- Enviro learning resources for Educators
- Climate Change basics
- Plastic Pollution
- Sustainable Future
- Green activities for Children
- Waste Management principles
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Conservation Enviro
- Engaging Parents
- Supply Chain Review
- Supplier Sustainability
- Sustainable HR practices
- Sustainability Inspection Checklist
- Enviro books for Children
- Showcasing your enviro achievements
Small Green Steps is innovative in it's approach to teaching sustainability to the youngest members of society.Impact
Small Green Steps has helped young children to become passionate about caring for the world around them, and sharing their knowledge with others.Scalability
Small Green Steps works throughout Australia, with plans to scale to New Zealand, United Kingdom & United States.