Rachita & Rebecca, Co-founders
HundrED has not validated this innovation
What is Sisterhood?
We see a world where every girl has the opportunity to find her voice and communicate what she cares about confidently and creatively.
Sisterhood provides a platform for girls to turn their words into action through creative programmes, by encouraging girls to re-imagine, collaborate and provide creative solutions to personally and socially relevant issues from body image to larger social issues such as gender inequality.
The programmes take a design-based approach to help girls explore larger social and systemic issues that affect them. We provide a safe and inclusive space for participants to collaborate together and forge meaningful friendships. Each programme provides young girls with:
The Confidence to be Themselves:
- Participants identifying key issues that affects their everyday lives to work on. This is done through sharing personal experience, extensive research, debate and discussion. The group comes to a joint agreement on one issue that they have come to care deeply about.
- Every participant is given a self-reflection journal, which they use to log their processes, learnings and progress through the programme.
The Courage to Act:
- Each participant learns the Double Diamond (see Design Council) method, which they use to go from problem to designed outcome.
- Working in small groups and big teams to create visual outcomes for their project.
- Specialist skills training (depending on what skills they require to complete their project) e.g. creative software, pitching, budgeting etc.
The Charisma to Inspire Others:
- Access to creative hubs and spaces - with every programme participants visit a variety of spaces to launch their project from cultural venues, galleries, museums etc.