Matias Flores, 2015
Interested in this innovation?
Great! Our mission is to help innovations spread.
Contact the innovator here:
Bookmark the ones you like!
You can bookmark all your favorite innovations to your profile.
EL INGENIO. Center for Learning and Creativity Development
EL INGENIO. Center of Learning and Creativity Development
What we do?
We offer free access to high-quality non-formal education for all ages to develop creative skills, capabilities and attitudes though multiple disciplines related to everyone's interest.
Though short to midterm workshops, learners discover their passions and creative flow, learn to learn and share with others, develop creative and critical thinking, problem-solving, and create a wide array of individual and creative projects in five pedagogical programs:
- Music: music composing, individual instrument performance, rock bands and music ensembles, professional recording and production in our fully equipped studio.
- Literature: creative writing, creative literacy, early childhood reading programs, youth reading clubs, publishing and editing original books, and support of community libraries through the Reading Honeycomb Network
- Science and Technology: STEM education, sustainable construction and technological problem-solving in our maker space lab.
- Arts: scenic performance, community theatre, puppetry companies, visual arts creations, original furniture design and shop for schools, libraries and homes.
- Creative Industries: creation of cultural enterprises, youth organizations, creative industries networks, concerts, public exhibitions
This happens in a learning community center fully equipped with green buildings, library, maker space, music studio, furniture shop and learning spaces, as well as in multiple community libraries across the state of Chiapas.
The creative production is marketed through a for-profit enterprise to support the educational activities.
Why we do it?
Because we acknowledge the huge potential of children, youth and adults to enjoy learning and develop infinite creative possibilities, not only by creating original solutions to local problems but especially to exercise effective ways of human interaction through learning innovation.
We launched the project in a southern region of Mexico facing multiple educational and socioeconomic challenges, demonstrating that creativity is a powerful tool to overcome these challenges and transform our communities into highly capable clusters of change.