Children in remote village communities have no exposure to any EdTech product that kindles the child’s natural curiosity and urge to learn and explore math. At home, there is no learning environment nor support from parents or other adults who, by and large, are uneducated themselves or unavailable to lend support. BB serves as supplemental tool to deliver last-mile access to joyful math learning.
As a free gamified maths learning app of games for grades 1 to 8, BB is a unique social EdTech innovation. Its features include:
● fun, interactive and intuitive to use.
● relevant to the child's context - with daily life examples, concepts explained through stories / games.
● has progress tracker, visual gamification, animation to explain concepts.
● works on basic entry-level Android smartphones making it affordable on the fastest growing segment in smartphones.
● works online and offline.
● mapped to grade-wise syllabus.
● large selection of games in PRACTICE mode (to reinforce concepts taught in class) and also games in CHALLENGE mode (to assess levels of learning).
● available in 9 Languages – English, Hindi, Kannada, Odia, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu - covering four-fifths of India’s children studying in vernacular medium schools.
● designed using Open-Source tools and made available using a Creative Commons licensing format.
We find BB certainly enriches the enablement and joy of math learning in children. BB is deployed on DIKSHA, India’s national digital education platform, where it is available as an app and linked through QR codes to respective chapters in state Textbooks (ETBs).
Currently, BB games are linked to ETBs of 10 Indian states providing access to over 33 million children. Our focus is on broadening reach through linkage to more state ETBs. Over 5 Million+ BB games have been played so far, 78% of these in various vernacular languages (implying usage by children in vernacular medium government schools or low cost schools). As we continue to link BB game content to more state ETBS and as more states print and distribute ETBs, we expect BB usage to ramp up manyfold.
Alternate link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AZmTtHOk7_HNsdC05iR-nXyw6JU-UvB3