Ravi Sreenath, CEO
Teach Easy by Accelerated Learning
Happy Teachers. Happy Students.
Adapting to the COVID-19 reality:
We have implemented many high-impact innovations to take our TeachEasy model completely remote and completely over mobile phones.
- We train and coach thousands of teachers over Telegram and WhatsApp thereby minimising the learning curve of new technology and meeting teachers where they already are.
- We have developed a new micro-learning format for designing content modules after thorough A/B testing over a pilot phase. We now deliver content across multiple formats including text, images, audio notes and short videos. We have deciphered the right length, right design context and right timing for maximum reach, adoption and impact.
- Our newly developed content modules like Digital Literacy and Online Learning Etiquette to help teachers adjust to this new reality have proven extremely popular.
- Finally, by using already widely adopted apps like WhatsApp and our bite sized training modules, we ensure that all content is extremely bandwidth friendly and can work in various low-resource settings including on basic smartphones and in low and intermittent connectivity contexts.
Personalized pedagogy coaching to help teachers learn, develop and implement active learning and 21st century skills in the classroom.
Blending behavioral sciences, technology and classroom data, we are building a teacher-coaching platform from the ground up for the African context – that actually works! Our unique formula allows us to bring high-quality coaching, proven instructional strategies, and a method to ensure strategies get implemented - all in a way that meets the needs of every teacher and student.
Accelerated's coaching process is one where instructional experts work with teachers to discuss classroom practice in a way that is:
- Individualized: one-on-one sessions
- Intensive: frequent interaction between teachers and coaches (e.g., at least every couple of weeks)
- Sustained: coaching support over an extended period of time
- Context-specific: coaching on their practices within the context of a teacher’s classroom
- Focused: teachers and coaches engage in deliberate practice of specific skills
Teachers track their performance across a range of pedagogical dimensions to understand how they are improving and where. Data is collected regularly from classrooms through their coaches as well as school staff. The collected data is analysed over time and across cohorts within our network to understand each teacher's performance and personalised recommendations are generated for each teacher best suited to their teaching styles and goals.
Since starting in 2016 in Ethiopia, TeachEasy has scaled to 2,000+ educators and has impacted over 60,000 students in Africa’s toughest learning environments in Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania.
HundrED Academy Review