What is Accelerated?
Personalized pedagogy coaching to help teachers learn, develop and implement active learning and 21st century skills in the classroom.
Blending behavioral sciences, technology and classroom data, we are building a teacher-coaching platform from the ground up for the African context – that actually works! Our unique formula allows us to bring high-quality coaching, proven instructional strategies, and a method to ensure strategies get implemented - all in a way that meets the needs of every teacher and student.
- Individualized: one-on-one sessions
- Intensive: frequent interaction between teachers and coaches (e.g., at least every couple of weeks)
- Sustained: coaching support over an extended period of time
- Context-specific: coaching on their practices within the context of a teacher’s classroom
- Focused: teachers and coaches engage in deliberate practice of specific skills
Teachers track their performance across a range of pedagogical dimensions to understand how they are improving and where. Data is collected regularly from classrooms through their coaches as well as school staff. The collected data is analysed over time and across cohorts within our network to understand each teacher's performance and personalised recommendations are generated for each teacher best suited to their teaching styles and goals.
In Accelerated's first academic year (2016-17), their coaches have helped 150 teachers deliver great lessons to over 4000 students in one of Africa’s toughest learning environments, Ethiopia. In the 2017-18 academic year, they intend to coach >500 teachers and reach >11,500 learners. They also have a big goal of reaching 100,000 teachers across Africa by 2020.
HundrED Academy Review