Mike Conrad, teacher, Michigan
Are you interested in this innovation?
Great. Our mission is to help education innovations spread.
You have many options to proceed.
1. Innovation Page
As you have probably noticed, you can get more information from our innovation page.
We have tried to gather a lot of relevant information in simple and compact form, – from introduction to intended outcomes, from videos to photographs.
2. CONNECT WITH THE INNOVATOR
Maybe you want to ask something directly from the innovator.
It´s not a bad idea since they are the best experts.
3. CONNECT WITH us
But if you want to ask something from our experts at HundrED, that is fine as well.
We are here to help you and this service is free of charge.
Thank you for your question - we will get back to you the soonest.
And also remember that you can bookmark all your favourite innovations to your profile page for later use or for sharing them with the colleagues.
PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs
The world needs journalists who seek the truth, now more than ever
The PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs initiative is building the next generation of public media with a unique digital journalism curriculum, local PBS station mentors and the opportunity to tell important community stories to the world.
The program creates transformational education experiences for middle and high school students in classrooms and after-school environments. Students engage in a powerful form of journalistic inquiry, media production and student-centered learning that build critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, news literacy and communication skills.
By giving them a voice and the opportunity to reach millions of people via the PBS NewsHour broadcast and digital platforms, the program inspires youth to speak up and be part of the solution.
- Next generation of public media storytellers > future journalists
- Grow public broadcasting system capacity for youth engagement and community journalism > expand and diversify the audience
- Engage young people with the news > civic mission
- New education experience: project-based, real world, connected to community issues, job skills, 21st century skills, STEM inquiry-based learning > energize teaching and rethink learning opportunities