Tom Parry, Managing Director
Are you interested in this innovation?
Great. Our mission is to help education innovations spread.
You have many options to proceed.
1. Innovation Page
As you have probably noticed, you can get more information from our innovation page.
We have tried to gather a lot of relevant information in simple and compact form, – from introduction to intended outcomes, from videos to photographs.
2. CONNECT WITH THE INNOVATOR
Maybe you want to ask something directly from the innovator.
It´s not a bad idea since they are the best experts.
3. CONNECT WITH us
But if you want to ask something from our experts at HundrED, that is fine as well.
We are here to help you and this service is free of charge.
Thank you for your question - we will get back to you the soonest.
And also remember that you can bookmark all your favourite innovations to your profile page for later use or for sharing them with the colleagues.
What are we trying to achieve?
By combining global best practice in teacher training with cutting-edge leadership development, technological infrastructure, and professional support, we will transform leadership, teaching and learning in every African classroom. Through blended, practical and rigorous programmes, our graduates will not only master the theory but also the craft of teaching and emerge prepared to contribute as leaders of the education system on the continent. Our teachers will shape the critical skills that can keep Africa’s youth globally competitive in the twenty-first century.
Our offering is built on six core pillars:
(1) Demand-led: We build for the needs of both public and private schools to guarantee our students are ready for the classroom. We enable aspiring teachers to get real classroom experience in our partner schools, and a job guarantee if they grow and perform.
(2) Deeply practical: We provide teacher-trainees with authentic practical learning experiences through simulations that are baked into our delivery model.
(3) Evidence driven methods: Our learning methodologies are built on evidence from the best teaching institutions in the world and contextualized for the needs and context of (South) African classrooms.
(4) Affordable and Scalable: We build for affordability and scalability, Our blended approach leverages technology where it is most effective (enabling understanding of new concepts, seeing demonstrations) and focusing our faculty time on practice and simulations.
(5) Partnership (African and Global): We have built content partnerships with world innovators in teacher education and have a diverse array of advisors from across the continent and the globe. Our partners included the Relay Graduate School of Education and Sposato Graduate School of Education; two of the leading teacher training institutions in the world.
(6) Independently accredited: We will be one of the few independently accredited higher education institutions focused on teacher education in Africa. This will enable us to demonstrate what outstanding teacher training looks like at a lower price point to public institutions.