Are you interested in this innovation?
Great. Our mission is to help education innovations spread.
You have many options to proceed.
1. Innovation Page
As you have probably noticed, you can get more information from our innovation page.
We have tried to gather a lot of relevant information in simple and compact form, – from introduction to intended outcomes, from videos to photographs.
2. CONNECT WITH THE INNOVATOR
Maybe you want to ask something directly from the innovator.
It´s not a bad idea since they are the best experts.
3. CONNECT WITH us
But if you want to ask something from our experts at HundrED, that is fine as well.
We are here to help you and this service is free of charge.
Thank you for your question - we will get back to you the soonest.
And also remember that you can bookmark all your favourite innovations to your profile page for later use or for sharing them with the colleagues.
Exploring by the Seat of Your Pants
Inspiring the Next Generation of Scientists and Explorers
Joe Grabowski - Founder, National Geographic Explorer, Science Teacher
We knock down classroom walls and take students anywhere in the world, never having to leave their desks.
Exploring By The Seat Of Your Pants aims to inspire the next generation of scientists, explorers, and conservationists. We do this by bringing science, exploration, adventure and conservation into classrooms everywhere through virtual guest speakers and field trips with leading experts across the globe. Since starting in September 2015 we've connected over a hundred thousand students to scientists and explorers in over 50 countries. Best part of all, it is and always will be 100% free for classrooms!
There's this silly rumour going around that there's nothing left to explore or discover, this couldn't be further from the truth! New technology is opening up countless opportunities in the fields of science and exploration. We believe these experiences inspire students while exposing them to important and challenging issues, amazing places, exciting role models and new career paths.
Students won't remember every math or language lesson, but they will remember the time they were hanging out in a penguin colony in Antarctica or chatting with someone who just rowed across an ocean.
- Each month during the school year we host 20-50 Google Hangout events for classrooms.
- We regularly host full day, week and month events focusing on themes like oceans, biodiversity, women in science, space exploration and more.
- We send textbook sized satellite BGAN units around the world with scientists and explorers so they can video broadcast into classrooms from the most remote regions of the planet. So far we've sent units to the Bahamas, Peru, Belize, Colombia, Vietnam, Botswana, Mozambique, French Polynesia, Guatemala, Uganda, the Congo, Borneo, Kiribati, Honduras and Clipperton Atoll.
- Follow and connect with exciting expeditions before, during and upon completion.
- Last year we were able to donate over $15,000 to innovative research, expedition and conservation projects around the world.
- Founded Explorer Classroom with National Geographic Education, connecting their explorers and grantees to classrooms.
- We've just launched Exploring by the Seat of Your Pants GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) to reach classrooms in the United Kingdom, European Union and Africa. Each month we'll be hosting a series of events, the number of which will increase as the community grows!