Interested in this innovation?
Great! Our mission is to help innovations spread.
Contact the innovator here:
Bookmark the ones you like!
You can bookmark all your favorite innovations to your profile.
Think, Pair and Share with Mindfulness (TPSM)
Mindfulness & Yoga integrated with TPS
Think, Pair ans Share with integrated mindfulness and yoga is a component of SMILES in Education Program.
TPSM strategy can be used in classroom:
- To connect to the text being read or problem being solved
- To discuss and express individual thoughts and feelings about something
- To solve a problem between students
- To know about different perspectives about something
- To develop critical thinking skills
3 Steps for implementing TPSM:
1. Think mindfully: Teachers begin by asking a specific question about the text. Students "think" individually about what they know or have learned about the topic by gently rubbing the "Mindful Focus Position" for 30 seconds and breathing deeply. This help them recall their previous knowledge and organize their thoughts.,
2. Pair mindfully: Each student pairs with another student and smiles at his partner while taking a deep breath. A smile helps them develop mutual respect. Both partners share their thoughts joyfully.
3. Share mindfully: Teachers expand the "share" into a whole-class discussion. Students share their thoughts with the whole class after taking a deep breath. A deep breath helps them communicate more confidently and effectively.