System Administrator & Media Center Manager
Shule Pepe-An online Learning Platform
HundrED has not validated this innovation
Why did you create this innovation?
Shule Pepe was created to fill in the gaps created by the COVID-19 pandemic and the imminent school closures that took place. There was a need to create a platform whose sole aim of mitigating the potential 'learning loss' for students due to the uncertainty surrounding school closures. The platform provided an avenue for learners to undertake their studies while at home, irrespective of location.
How does your innovation work in practice?
Shule Pepe provides a platform where teachers can conduct their Live-interactive lessons to learners, who maybe at home or in school (blended-learning). It also provides capabilities for the students to undertake their assessments remotely, get their results and review their work, while studying at their own pace.
Shule Pepe has built a state-of-the-art Media facility to broadcast all its live lessons with no background interference, clear, crisp images, and a great "virtual' classroom experience. We have invested heavily in Dedicated Internet Bandwidth, AWS servers and run the entire media center on Solar for sustainability purposes.
In 2020, we had a local Girls'-only high school, Diani Maendeleo Academy using our platform for their blended learning. The school, emerged to be the "Best Improved Girls" school in Kwale County in the 2020 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education-Examinations. This was a 'badge' of approval for the efficacy of our platform as an educational platform.
How has it been spreading?
In the past 2 years, we have had several achievements:
1. We managed to secure funding to build a state-of-the art Media center, where we carry out our lesson preparations and broadcast.
2. In 2021, we were Recognized as part of the Top-100 companies in Africa, for Excellence in Enterprise ICT Adoption.Awards were organized by CIOAfrica-a leading tech magazine in Africa. We won Bronze Mark!
3. We have signed agreements with over 60 schools-spread across the country- that wish to utilize our platform for their blended learning experience.
4. We have also managed to train and build the capacity of over 200 teachers to be able to adopt ICT in their teaching methodologies.
5. We have been featured in articles in leading Newspapers in Kenya and Germany.
If I want to try it, what should I do?
Shule Pepe is quite adaptable to many different settings. To adopt it one needs to get in touch with the System Administrator, with a letter of intent to partner. The management will then deliberate on the intent, and organize a call with the partnering organization. After which, they will give their decision.
Students on the other hand can be easily signed-up by their parents from our homepage.