Julio Salazar - Founder and member of the Board of Directors of Fundacion Rose
Indigo Schools Project
HundrED has selected this innovation to
What we do?
The Indigo Schools Project adds value to any K-12 school system and to society as a whole. This value is in the form of enhanced human potential and valuable life skills.
Here are a few areas where the project adds value:
- Self-regulation, self-esteem and social skills. Our students learn to recognize, name and accept their emotions. They also learn ways to express and regulate these emotions appropriately and develop social skills like empathy, listening, cooperation, assertiveness and conflict resolution.
- Language skills in Spanish. Our students who graduate from our program read 2,000,000 words each year and develop writing and public speaking skills.
- Language skills in English. Indigo Schools guarantee that children graduate with a CEFR B2 level of English proficiency as a minimum. This alone will give a person in Guatemala an edge for more and better employment.
- Science and Math skills. Indigo schools promote and enhance in children their natural curiosity and desire to experiment and find out how things work. As a result, a higher than average number of our graduates pursue scientific and engineering careers.
- Digital Citizenship. Our students grow up using technology in all aspects of their academic learning. They also learn the responsible use of it and they acquire profitable skills such as coding and website design and optimization.
Why we do it?
The effect of this initiative is to reduce the incidence of mental/emotional dysfunction in children and adolescents with the added value of a program that will transfer to them valuable life skills.
There are no schools in Guatemala that utilize anything resembling the program we are proposing at Fundacion Rose. Our traditional educational system only focuses on testable skills in math and language. By focusing on the whole being our program creates an extraordinary environment where students and teachers can reach their highest potential.