HundrED is hiring a Project Manager
We're looking for a full-time Project Manager to join HundrED at our Helsinki office (working remotely until the restrictions are lifted). If you're passionate about innovation in education, have experience in managing internal and external projects, and would like to work for a global education non-profit, we'd like to hear from you!
Deadline to submit is Wednesday, February 24th 2021.
Who we are
HundrED is a Helsinki-based non-profit organization that helps improve education through impactful innovations. We have researched over 5,000 innovations in over 150 countries and selected over 350 innovations in over 80 countries that are part of our community. One of the best ways for us to find and share amazing innovations is through our Spotlight projects that are sponsored by and completed with our incredible partners.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated project manager that will work with every member of the HundrED team to deliver on these external and internal projects. Expect to work in a fast-paced environment on global projects that are improving education. Our project partners range from Supercell to the World Bank to the LEGO Foundation on Spotlight projects, research work, and more.
Spotlight projects involve our research, media, community, and executive teams as well as our partners. They take a lot of planning and coordination, and we usually have at least 5 of them running at any given time. In addition, we have other internal projects such as the HundrED Summit which require significant advanced planning and coordination.
Who we are looking for
You should have:
- A positive, energetic attitude and drive to take the initiative
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Ease in managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- High attention to detail, organization skills, and quality of work product
- Discernment to prioritize effectively between many different workstreams and tasks
- Willingness and aptitude to take on new challenges and adapt to change (e.g. new types of projects and new partners)
- Natural curiosity and desire to improve how things are done
- Passion and interest for improving education globally
- Projects portfolio management: taking into account goals, timelines, budgets, and strategic priorities.
- Internal & external stakeholder management to hit all deadlines on time and to the agreed upon specifications.
- Leading project planning sessions and coordinating tasks and workloads across the team.
- Noticing issues or obstacles before they happen to avoid missing deadlines or overworking the team.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving challenges that come up to find a mutually agreeable way forward.
- Developing, monitoring, and improving project processes, including creating guidelines, templates, and new material for internal and external teams.
- Improving internal communications and project management tools & systems.
- At least 2 years of experience managing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with stakeholders at all levels of leadership
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal fluency in English). Additional languages are nice to have (e.g. Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese, French)
- Strong presentation skills and familiarity with presentation tools
- Expertise in Google Suite, familiarity with spreadsheets
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com
- Experience working with community-based organizations, school systems, and diverse communities is considered a plus
- Experience producing or creating media materials considered a plus
Send your resume and a short expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 24th 2021. Please include an expected salary range with your application.
- If you are moved on to the next round, we will request an initial screen call.
- After the call, you will be sent a take home assignment to send back to us.
- There will be one final round with other team member(s) before a final decision is made.