We're looking for a full-time Head of Research to join HundrED at our Helsinki office (working remotely until the restrictions are lifted). If you're passionate about innovation in education, have experience in education research, and would like to work for a global education non-profit, we'd like to hear from you!
The Deadline to submit is May 10th, 2021.
Who we are
HundrED is a Helsinki-based non-profit organization that helps improve education through impactful innovations. We have researched over 5,000 innovations in over 150 countries and selected over 350 innovations in over 80 countries that are now part of our community. We select innovations through our annual Global Collection and several Spotlights each year in collaboration with our partners.
About the role
HundrED aims to improve equal access to education through impactful and scalable education innovations. The Head of Research leads HundrED’s Research Team, which aims to be the world’s leading expert on scalable education innovations. Our overall research direction is to be increasingly data-driven and transparent in their methodologies so as to increase the trustworthiness for reliable findings and selections of innovations.
The Head of Research manages 1-5 researchers in their work including evaluating innovations, writing reports, conducting research, recruiting and managing the Academy & Advisory Boards, and speaking at events. The ideal candidate will be able to perform all of these functions individually as well as effectively manage and prioritize the work of the research team.
Who we are looking for
You should have:
- A positive attitude and drive to take the initiative to get things done
- High attention to detail, organization skills, and quality of work product
- High standards for quality and integrity of research
- Passion, interest, and research experience improving education
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Discernment to prioritize effectively between many different workstreams and tasks
- Willingness and aptitude to take on new challenges and adapt to change (e.g. new types of research, methodologies, projects, tools, and partners)
- Natural curiosity and desire to improve how things are done
- Lead the Research Team on internal and external projects at HundrED
- Continually renew and strengthen the research process and methodologies HundrED uses to be increasingly robust, trustworthy, and reliable
- Interface and collaborate with partners on external Spotlight and research projects
- Discover and research leading innovative solutions and practices across the spectrum of education (e.g. teacher education, skills, assessment, etc.)
- Contact leading innovators from all corners of the globe and create clear, informative innovation pages on our website (please review Little Ripples as an example and the innovations in our latest Global Collection)
- Build relationships with innovators, HundrED community members, and other stakeholders participating in research projects
- Manage the innovation review process with HundrED Academy and Advisory Board members and facilitate the selection process with partners
- Stay up to date on the current key challenges in education across contexts
- Coordinate and cooperate with all members of the HundrED team
- Lead the production of all research reports, including writing, research, and editing
- Respond to questions and comments from innovators about our research projects
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal professional fluency in English). Additional languages are nice to have
- Management experience or skills, ideally in research roles
- At least 10 years of experience in academic or professional research, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation skills and familiarity with presentation tools like Google Slides, Keynote and Zoom (hosting large meetings and webinars)
- Expertise in Google Suite, familiarity with working in spreadsheets
- Participation or experience working in community-based organizations, school systems, and diverse communities is considered a plus.
- Send your CV and a short expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 10th, 2021. Please include an expected salary range with your application. We’ll start reviewing the applications immediately and will fill the position when a suitable candidate is found.
- If you are moved on to the next round, we will request an initial screen call.
- After the call, you will be sent a take-home assignment to send back to us
- There will be one final round with other team member(s) before a final decision is made.