Interested in this innovation?
Great! Our mission is to help innovations spread.
Contact the innovator here:
Bookmark the ones you like!
You can bookmark all your favorite innovations to your profile.
Fernanda Maldonado, Program Manager
What we do?
We have developed and innovative low-cost solution that helps to address the needs of children in off-the-grid settings who don’t have access to quality educational resources. Sun Books is an Application with educational resources such as e-books and interactive activities in English and local languages which have been pre-loaded onto a solar-powered tablet.
Why we do it?
- Low literacy rates in developing countries
- Lack of books and educational resources that can positively impact literacy levels in developing countries
- Need for localized educational resources where children feel connected and will impact positively on literacy rates
- Lack of ongoing training and upskilling for teachers in developing countries
- Importance of the use of technology and the positive impact it can have in society
- Limited access to electricity and/or internet and limited access to technology
Mission, Vision & Aim
Sun Books envisions a world in which every one of us can read and write, in which there is free access to quality education. Additionally, to support quality literacy learning for children in off-the-grid classrooms in developing countries through access to and support in the use and development of innovative educational resources.