Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sustainability Educator, Researcher & Designer; Facilitator, Explorer & Writer; International Volunteer, Social Worker & Worldwide Connecter.
I am a dreamer, learner and activist from Brazil who takes action to make our planet more sustainable and equal for all through Education.
Since March 2017, I have been exploring the world researching and sharing innovations in Education for Sustainability. My plan is to travel for five years (one year in each continent) working with innovative schools and sustainable communities, learning in practice as a volunteer.
My purpose is to co-create a free self-directed learning community in Brazil - that will be for all, specially for poor people, based on Gaia Education principles.
I have spent much of the past four years in Europe, Asia and Oceania living at ecovillages and working as a volunteer for impact sustainable communities, NGOs, social and educational projects across the globe, learning and sharing experiences about Education and Sustainability.
8+ years loving in action as a Volunteer
3+ Year World Traveller (with a purpose!)
Explored +30 countries on 3 continents
Learnt from +40 innovative schools on 16 countries
Cooperated with +10 global social projects
2+ Year Ecovillage Resident in Europe, Asia & Oceania
Volunteered for +20 sustainable communities on 14 countries
Additionally, I have over 20 years’ worth of experience, at big engineering companies and multinational industries, assisting executives as a Human Resources & Quality Manager in organizational development.
VSO - Voluntary Service Overseas
Position: Education Literacy Adviser & Education Resilience Adviser
From: 02-2020 To: Until now
Working with Light for the World and local partners in Mozambique, our Empowering Adolescent Girls to Earn and Learn (EAGLE) project supports out-of-school girls and young women in Manica and Sofala provinces to enhance their economic empowerment, by improving their access to basic education.
Through accelerated literacy and numeracy classes, girls develop the basic reading and writing skills that they need to benefit from income-generating opportunities. Alongside this, we support young women to gain community backing for their education and economic empowerment.
Over the five-year project, we aim to reach 3,000 girls, 4,000 boys and male relatives, and 120 community teachers.
Genesis School - First Green School in Hanoi
Position: Green & Sustainable Education Curriculum Designer, Mentor and Guider
From: 04-2019 To: 12-2019
Using the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to provide an interdisciplinary experience in learning by developing fundamental skills, promoting creativity and problem solving, and upholding ethics that allow students to innovate and to overcome challenges now and in the future. Designing a green education curriculum which includes out-door classes & experimental activities. Training educators to facilitate the programmes and develop people to support the school´s mission: nurturing a green future. Building a strong community with all stakeholders: United Nations, government, educators, parents, staff, indigenous people, children, organizations, NGOs, local/global community.
Talking Tree Hill - New Zealand
Position: International Volunteer | From: 02-2019 To: 03-2019
Supporting the programmes with nature based/kindness philosophy. Talking Tree Hill is an outdoor educational facility based on gorgeous Waiheke island which combine the wacky conscious creativity of Dr Seuss, the heart and soul of Forest and Bush Schools, the entrepreneurship and innovation of the Green School and the beauty of Reggio Emilia. Creativity, innovation, kindness, mind & planet health are at the centre of education. Designing with the founder the five-year strategic plan and performance indicators. Creating weekly, termly and annual programmes + lesson plans. Monitoring and evaluating children emotions with bucket method. Creating case study surveys + end of term/year reflections. Leading the peace project, planning, defining procedures and guidelines with children and staff.
Green School Bali - Indonesia
Position: Facilitator & Researcher Volunteer | From: 09-2018 To: 11-2018
Supporting the Green Educator Course team to develop the new program.
Facilitating one-week course focuses on Messy Learning through Project-based Learning (PBL), an immersive and authentic learning approach that focuses on real-world projects.
How can HundrED Innovations Help Prepare Today’s Youth for a Sustainable World?
As a Sustainability Educator, from a global perspective - where everything is interconnected and everyone is interdependent with everyone else, I believe we should guide the youth to coexist. How? +Read moreWhy do you want to be a part of the HundrED Community?
Because I am fully connected to the purpose to help every child flourish.How can education support students to flourish?
Offering an environment where they can feel free and choose what they want to learn by themselves, organically.What role does innovation play in education change?
“Our actions, however small they may seem, are capable of changing the world. In every moment, we make life choices. If we connect to the planet and to others, we will be a bridge to a sustainable future. Each one of us makes our own Tomorrow. And together we make ours – the Tomorrows we want.” Museum of Tomorrow, Rio de Janeiro / BrazilThree HundrED innovations you love. (and Why?)
- Green Educator Course - Bali, Indonesia: they are a community of learners making our world sustainable. I have lived with them for almost two months and could experienced it in practice.
- Initiative for Peace - Singapore: because it is a movement that aims to make education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
- Project Everyone World's Largest Lesson - United Kingdon: this innovation introduces the Sustainable Development Goals to children and young people everywhere and unites them in action.
Three innovations you would love for HundrED to know about. (and Why?)
- Ayni School - Guaporé, Brazil: is the result of a 3 year research, hours of volunteering, and knowledge exchange with educators from all over the globe. Ayni was designed and formulated to be a place of reference, inspiration, transformation, education, and sustainability. A place of learning and expression for children, parents, educators, and the community. A motivational place where everyone can experience concepts of a more conscious society, where children feel welcome to express their true potential, and adults have the opportunity to reconnect with their inners selves.
- Gaia School - Brasília, Brazil: Gaia Education was created by a group of educators called "GEESE"- Global Ecovillage Educators for a Sustainable Earth - who have been meeting over a series of workshops in order to formulate their transdisciplinary approach to education for sustainability.
- Anchor Project - Cotia, Brazil: NGO + School + Learning Community = Social Change. Their mission is to transform education and develop citizens aware of their ability to collectively build a fair, balanced and sustainable society.