Dr. Seema Pusadkar Lecturer, Regional Academic Authority Nagpur
Leadership Enhancement & Academic Development (LEAD) Project
HundrED has not validated this innovation
Why did you create this innovation?
Through a need analysis survey conducted with middle management officers, LFE identified several skills on which they were in need of support such as M&E, team management, documentation and data management, etc. Under Project LEAD, they learn about tools and techniques applicable to their jobs, at their convenient time. They also get opportunities for peer learning.
How does your innovation work in practice?
LEAD courses can be consumed remotely through a tech platform-Firki. The content of the courses consists of contextual case studies, easy to use frameworks and tools, and module-based assignments in which officers need to use the frameworks/tools/techniques in their day-to-day work. Also, virtual Peer Learning Community (PLC) meetings are conducted during the course. Till now, a total of 3 courses have been conducted. The average Net Promoter Score for these courses is 80% and the average course completion rate is 73%. Through a random sample survey of participants, we have mapped that 91.7% of the officers use skill-will matrix covered under one of the courses to support their team members. Also, 95% strongly agree that the team management course developed their professional skills.
How has it been spreading?
Achievements so far:
- Course completion rate: 73%
- Officers completing the courses: 461
- Officers eligible for certification: 433
- Create a platform that will provide an opportunity for officers to share best practices with others. This will motivate them and provide recognition for their work.
- Create more cadre-specific contextualised courses catering to the needs of officers on the use of technology, operational excellence, etc.
- Develop a self-sustaining mechanism of training and development within the system, wherein the experienced and trained officers will lead initiatives for influencing others.
If I want to try it, what should I do?
Ways to adopt/scale
-Understanding the audience through training needs analysis using surveys, FGDs and shadowing
-Create contextual training material and roll out a pilot program
-Collaborate with a technology partner to access learning management systems
Contact - Anand Joshi - email@example.com