Supercell, The Diana Award and ISTE
What is the Spotlight on Digital Wellbeing?
Organized together with partners, HundrED Spotlights are curated collections of ten education innovations offering a thorough insight into a specific area of education (e.g. Sustainability) or a certain location (e.g. Pittsburgh). All submitted applications undergo a thorough research process and screening by an expert jury. The ten selected applications adhere to a strict selection criteria of being impactful, scalable and innovative. The deep insights gained through the Spotlight are shared with the world in the form of videos and a report.
Why digital wellbeing?
The modern world needs to know how educators and organisations in education can support the integration and implementation of innovations that promote digital wellbeing. This research project aims to answer this need with practical examples on the following:
- How can we integrate digital wellbeing as an essential part of holistic wellbeing?
- What are the most effective innovations around the world that promote digital wellbeing and are highly innovative, impactful, and scalable?
- How can these innovations help to increase the digital wellbeing of young people on a global scale?
Who are the partners?
Innovation search begins
Innovation submission period ends
Innovation research and reviews
Innovation selection and content production
Presentation of findings at HundrED summit
Kuinka pääsen mukaan?
Innovations that promote digital wellbeing are encouraged to submit their initiatives to the Spotlight. Submitted innovations then undergo a rigorous research process and evaluated HundrED’s three criteria on innovativeness, impact, and scalability. Additionally, they will also be required to have an educational element that promote an increased understanding of digital wellbeing.
The selected solutions will be released at the HundrED Innovation Summit in Helsinki in November 2019 with an intention to kick start a movement to improve digital wellbeing on a global scale.
Miten innovaatiot valitaan?
To determine how well submissions fit the three criteria, HundrED uses the following descriptive factors that have been shown in innovation literature and HundrED’s research to play a significant role in establishing innovativeness, impact, and scalability in educational innovations:
- Clear, valuable goal that addresses a need
- Structured implementation design
- Purposeful collaboration
- Pedagogically sound
- Child/person centered
- Improves outcomes
- Elevates educators Family/community/government engagement
- Cost-effectiveness & affordability
Based on these factors, alongside qualitative evidence from interviews with the HundrED research team, innovations are given an overall score based on their innovativeness, impact, and scalability. Innovations are scored twice, first based on their current state and then based on their potential.
• Innovativeness: Valuable improvement within the context
• Impact: Established for at least a year with demonstrable evidence
• Scalability: Adaptable in new environments with a commitment to scale