Mandi Dimitriadis, Director of Learning, Makers Empire
Makers Empire 3D Learning Program
HundrED has not validated this innovation
Why did you create this innovation?
- Many primary and elementary school teachers find it difficult to effectively implement Design & Technology (D&T) curriculum as it is relatively new
- Many teachers don’t have the time to become proficient with new technology let alone use it to teach and assess student work.
- No single solution exists for teachers which is age-appropriate for all primary and elementary school students.
How does your innovation work in practice?
Makers Empire is a fun and easy to use 3D Design & Technology program to support primary and elementary school teachers in effectively implementing Design & Technology curriculum.
Makers Empire has 3 products:
- Makers Empire 3D Software - built specifically for 5-12 YO children for an immersive, fun and safe learning environment.
- Makers Empire Teacher Dashboard - teachers are supported with planning, class management and assessment tools.
- Professional development courses.
A number of research studies in Australia and America have demonstrated Makers Empire's impact. Makers Empire was also the subject of a 12-month Macquarie University research study into the use of 3D technologies in primary school makerspaces. The study showed compelling learning benefits for both students and teachers. See https://primarymakers.com/
Makers Empire has been certified by Education Alliance Finland for pedagogical quality as well as numerous EdTech awards, partnerships, and endorsements.
How has it been spreading?
Today, Makers Empire helps 29,000+ educators teach Design Thinking and STEM using 3D design and printing to 2,250,000 students in forty countries around the world. Together, we’re helping to create a new generation of thinkers, creators and problem solvers.
Students create 100,000 new designs using Makers Empire every day. In total students have created more than 45 million designs using Makers Empire 3D.
In future years, we hope to exponentially increase the number of schools and teachers using Makers Empire in different countries, and to further demonstrate the impact of our program on students' learning outcomes via more partnerships with university research departments.
View our story https://www.makersempire.com/our-story/ and key dates https://www.makersempire.com/key-dates
If I want to try it, what should I do?
Visit Makers Empire website and sign up for a free 2-month teacher trial to experience both the Makers Empire 3D design app and the Makers Empire Teacher Dashboard tools and resources at https://www.makersempire.com/
To download the Makers Empire 3D design app visit https://www.makersempire.com/download