Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sustainability Educator, Researcher & Designer; Brazilian HundrED Academy Member & Ambassador
I am a dreamer, learner and activist from Brazil who takes action to make our planet more sustainable and equal for all through Education.
Since March 2017, I have been exploring the world researching and sharing innovations in Education for Sustainability. My plan is to travel for five years (one year in each continent) working with innovative schools and sustainable communities, learning in practice as a volunteer.
My purpose is to co-create a free sustainable school in Brazil that will be for all, specially for poor people, based on Gaia Education principles.
I have spent much of the past two years in Europe, Asia and Oceania living at ecovillages and working as a volunteer for impact sustainable communities, NGOs, social and educational projects across the globe, learning and sharing experiences.
8+ years loving in action as a Volunteer
2+ Year World Traveler (with a purpose!)
Explored +30 countries on 3 continents (in progress!)
Learnt from +40 innovative schools on 16 countries
Cooperated with +10 global social projects
2+ Year Ecovillage Resident in Europe, Asia & Oceania
Volunteered for +20 sustainable communities on 14 countries
Facilitator, Contributor & Worldwide Connecter
Additionally, I have over 20 years’ worth of experience, at big engineering companies and multinational industries, assisting executives as a Human Resources & Quality Manager in organizational development.
How can HundrED Innovations Help Prepare Today’s Youth for a Sustainable World?
As a Sustainability Educator, from a global perspective - where everything is interconnected and everyone is interdependent with everyone else, I believe we should guide the youth to coexist. How? +Read moreWhy do you want to be a part of the HundrED Community?
Because I am fully connected to the purpose to help every child flourish.How can education support students to flourish?
Offering an environment where they can feel free and choose what they want to learn by themselves, organically.What role does innovation play in education change?
“Our actions, however small they may seem, are capable of changing the world. In every moment, we make life choices. If we connect to the planet and to others, we will be a bridge to a sustainable future. Each one of us makes our own Tomorrow. And together we make ours – the Tomorrows we want.” Museum of Tomorrow, Rio de Janeiro / BrazilThree HundrED innovations you love. (and Why?)
- Green Educator Course - Bali, Indonesia: they are a community of learners making our world sustainable. I have lived with them for almost two months and could experienced it in practice.
- Initiative for Peace - Singapore: because it is a movement that aims to make education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
- Project Everyone World's Largest Lesson - United Kingdon: this innovation introduces the Sustainable Development Goals to children and young people everywhere and unites them in action.
Three innovations you would love for HundrED to know about. (and Why?)
- Ayni School - Guaporé, Brazil: is the result of a 3 year research, hours of volunteering, and knowledge exchange with educators from all over the globe. Ayni was designed and formulated to be a place of reference, inspiration, transformation, education, and sustainability. A place of learning and expression for children, parents, educators, and the community. A motivational place where everyone can experience concepts of a more conscious society, where children feel welcome to express their true potential, and adults have the opportunity to reconnect with their inners selves.
- Gaia School - Brasília, Brazil: Gaia Education was created by a group of educators called "GEESE"- Global Ecovillage Educators for a Sustainable Earth - who have been meeting over a series of workshops in order to formulate their transdisciplinary approach to education for sustainability.
- Anchor Project - Cotia, Brazil: NGO + School + Learning Community = Social Change. Their mission is to transform education and develop citizens aware of their ability to collectively build a fair, balanced and sustainable society.