A HundrED ambassador based In India, I am also a Startup Mentor and work with many Social sector ,self help and women empowerment ventures .
- Current Mentor and Advisor for Jeevaniya Naturals Pvt Ltd , - A Pioneering Organic Brand in Uttar Pradesh,India which supports the work of Jeevaniya Society which has worked for promotion of traditional health & farming systems for over 30 years . The society has trained, supervised and empowered thousands of farmers on organic & sustainable farming practices
- TIE Global (US Embassy Initiative) Lucknow , India Mentor- Currently Mentoring 3 mentees -women entrepreneurs who are in the process of setting up/growing their E-commerce ventures PAN India
- HundrED ambassador ( Indian Region) - I work to identify and recommend education innovations that are changing the way our children learn. I also try or support trial of innovations in the area of experimental forms of personalized learning
- Co-Founder – DesiOrigins – A pioneering effort in E-commerce to bring rural organic brands to the Urban Retail Market. The venture supported over 20 self help groups, NGOs, Women’s groups
- Mentored and Launched a Successful Organic Retail Store for a client based in South Delhi
- A few other Initiatives that I have been a Part of /Supported –
1. Exhibited the Self Help Group Kumbaya’s Products at Various Exhibitions Across Indore & Delhi NCR
2. Mentored a Gond Tribal Artiste for a Retail Venture
3. Founding Members of the Indore Sustainability Network - 2013
Why do you want to be a part of the HundrED Community?
Being a part of Hundred not only brings you close to amount of creative and path breaking work educators worldwide are doing it also helps me as a parent " the most important educator" to help & support the evolution of my children in today's complex world !How can education support students to flourish?
Education we all know is to gain knowledge . Just gaining book knowledge and good grades is not sufficient to help students achieve their goals . The main goal is to make the young people connect to “the real world",be able to cope with various situations & manage their feelings .When there are so many barriers to learning, we need to be able to break those before we can even get into the achievements. At the end of the day, it’s great to have certificates but being able to socialise, make friends and not feel bullied is [often] more important. If our education system can deliver all of this then it truly will be helping children flourish and bloom.What role does innovation play in education change?
I quote "Education should not be the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire".
What (and how) we learn in school determines who we become as individuals . It conditions how we solve problems, work with others, and how we look at the world around us. In today’s innovation times education becomes even more important for developing the next generation of innovators and creative thinkers.Using innovative teaching methods with students and teaching them about the benefits of innovative thinking,ignites a passion for learning and provides them with tools they need to succeed in these innovation times.At its core, innovation is the process of making lives better.Three HundrED innovations you love. (and Why?)
Roots of Empathy -Three innovations you would love for HundrED to know about. (and Why?)
The KED Program of Kunskapsskolan Schools - It personalize's each student's education according to their individual needs and abilities. All resources in the school are carefully designed and organized around the student in a complete and coherent system . At the heart of the Program is the student !
Courage to Lead - By SEED In collaboration with Disha Foundation
Learning is a process whereby knowledge and understanding is derived from and continuously modified by the experiences that a learner goes through. To learn is not the special province of a single specialized realm of human functioning such as cognition or perception. It involves the integrated functioning of the total being i.e. feeling, thinking, perceiving and doing.