Clement Onyekachukwu Kokoh
A Learning and Development Specialist, who is determined and passionate about enhancing the effectiveness of the learning process at the same time connecting the gap between the school and the real world through an avenue of youth empowerment for a positive diversified increase in economic, social and national development..
I'm a graduate of Education and Economics from Ambrose Alli University. I have participated in various conferences and workshops that focuses on enhancing education in areas of technology, educational adminstration and planing and the teaching profession. I'm also a positive change ambassador with the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals. Currently, I am a learning and development consultant in a management consulting firm in Nigeria with services spread across Africa. I'm a professional training specialist and a developmental economist.Why do you want to be a part of the HundrED Community?
This is a global initiative that I believe will help me voice out my transformative and strategic development plans and innovations as it speaker to teaching and learning, professional developments and youth empowerment through education. Becoming a member of this Global body with a common interest of enhancing and improving the quality of education at all levels and in all region of the world, will be an additional motivating factor to push harder into setting new area of improvement in education since I know that my innovation and discoveries are going to be shared among like-minded global educators.How can education support students to flourish?
Education As A Means of Sustainable Development and Individual Sustenance
In the present day world, we are living in, education has been proven to be a pivotal force for enhancing individual development and general economic development. Narrowing it down to the individual level, that is to say, what benefit is education to the students who are being educated?
This question can only be answered through a practical and real-life scenario. Using Nigeria as a case study, individuals who have passed through one form of education or the other are been seen and observed to be more versatile and intellectually organised than those who have not. Education helps students to get their vision clear, concise and specific. Through education, students are able to easily align their skills, competence and passion to a particular career line where they can contribute maximally without being stressed or coerced.
To further enhance the impact of education on student's development, I believe three major attributes have to considered or reconsidered for implementing or adjustment.
- Efforts have to be put in place to ensure that the school curriculums are mixed with specifics fields or subjects that will help boost the student's soft skills at the same time imbibe in them the necessary qualities needed for them to succeed in a professional environment either as an employee or as an entrepreneur.
- The world is going digital. Therefore, due consideration must be given into the area of aligning the younger generations with a digital mindset. I suggest that the educational systems in Nigeria and Africa at large should embrace the various digital methods of teaching and learning at an early stage of the learning process so as to develop in them the mindset if adapting to a digital world as they grow older.
- Education syllabuses should be created in a way that will help students see the world or their community as a place where various problems requiring solutions exist. The syllabus should make them identify mist if these problems and great in them the mindset that they are the ones to go out there and provide solutions to those problems without waiting for help from the government or other association. This will help students see themselves as problem-solving agents and also change-makers/ global reformers.
I believe with these few initiatives being considered and implemented, students will become more responsible for the development of their communities and then extend the development to other parts of the world. This enhancing the general economy and wellbeing of that country, continent and the planet at large.
What role does innovation play in education change?
- Identifies lacking areas and challenges in education for improvement and enhancement
- Breaks new ground for enhancement in various areas of education
- Ensures balance in the various field and specializations of education. Thereby ensuring there is an efficient level of Pareto Optimality across all aspects.
- Professional Development: This will ensure that students are well prepared to face the real-life of work and professionalism.
- Sustainability: This ensures that there is a continuation of the developmental implementation as it relates to the education and individual life of the learners.
- Youth Led Innovation: Youths are the agents of reformation, change and development in every region of the world. Engaging the youths in innovative and transformational activities will actually result into a sustained and full blown development transfiguration passed across generations to come.
- Entrepreneurial Culture
- Enterprise development
- Special Education