Founder of Edu Balance I Background in physical therapy and sport management I Focusing on the connection of physical activity, cognition and learning.
Hi, I am Anne. I live in Munich, Germany but my roots are deep in Finnish nature...
My approach on education is based on my background in physical therapy and sport management. Often, education policies are based on the idea that a child’s head/brain is the only thing that matters. Like the brain and the body would be separate entities. Thus, I concentrate on following two aspects:
1. The mind-body connection and its role in learning.
2. Fundamental movement skills and their role in learning.
The ABCs of movement are just as important as the ability to read and write. Children become motivated, confident and competent to participate in physical activity. Movement becomes enjoyable, fun and a natural part of everyday life.
To enhance this approach, I founded Edu Balance. My home country Finland and Finnish education inspire me enormously on my journey.
Edu Balance aims to enhance a physically active learning culture by helping to:
• enable active play, both indoors and outdoors
• integrate movement into everyday activities and curriculum
• create active learning environments and reduce sitting
• engage educators and parents through workshopsWhy do you want to be a part of the HundrED Community?
I am happy to join the community of like-minded people. I see community as a power that moves us forward. Collaboration is the key to driving change and awareness.How can education support students to flourish?
I see that student well-being lays the foundation for effective learning and education plays a major role on this. But can students flourish if their teachers aren't? I think that we should see teachers own well-being as a professional priority and through this we can support students to flourish.
First of all, the word "Innovation" sounds something really big. Innovations need time and patience to have an impact. I think it is a process where even a smallest thing can grow, be supportive to other ideas and get the ball rolling.
In education innovations aim to make positive changes and enhance the teaching and learning process.Three HundrED innovations you love. (and Why?)
Tagtiv8 MoovKids GymiFurnitureThree innovations you would love for HundrED to know about. (and Why?)
1. https://www.streetracket.net/about-e - Can be played anywhere, anytime and by anyone. Promotes physical activity, health and learning. 2. https://www.leado.fi/en/ Pedagogic innovation that helps remove classroom disturbances while improving both the quality of teaching and learning. 3. https://carrotkitchen.com/en Gets kids inspired about cooking and healthy eating.