The StudentAgent team designs training packages based on observed needs. StudentAgents present the teacher with short, planned modules.
- Gather the StudentAgents together for a day.
- Set goals during the morning. The goals should be set clearly so the students can easily understand them.
- Prepare different types of training packages during the day together. When considering different types of training it is good to give students sufficient freedom, for example by offering alternatives. In the beginning, it's a good idea to start with a few main themes and develop content for them together with the StudentAgent team.
- If available, you can also directly use requests from teachers for designing the packages. In this case, planning is made even more concrete when the StudentAgents know the outcome will answer an actual need.
Things to note:
Training packages work as a foundation for the training of StudentAgents, however, the students should be able to tailor the training to suit their personality. A suitable framework makes it easier to give assistance, especially in the beginning. In addition, a commonly developed framework usually also develops the StudentAgent’s own skills.
After this, StudentAgents will start implementing their planned training
Training methods can include:
- Staff room visit: StudentAgents visit the staff room and counsel the teachers on, for example, how to use different mobile devices or applications.
- Reception: StudentAgents have visiting hours, during which teachers can come and ask for help.
- Teaching aid: The teacher may ask the StudentAgents to participate in their classes to help with a project using technology.
During lessons, StudentAgents help students and teachers alike.