Angie Hämäläinen, Owner at Finnish-American Kindergarten
HundrED has not validated this innovation
Why did you create this innovation?
According to the early years' curriculum in Finland, the basis for high-quality pedagogy is planning and documentation of the child’s unique learning journey. Portfolios as formative assessment reflect the learning progress and help children to become powerful learners. Cooperation between home and daycare is crucial in the early years. As teachers, we needed a tool to match these requirements
How does your innovation work in practice?
Kindiedays is an online platform consisting of mobile and web apps for educators, families, and the management of an early education center or chain.
The best practices from the National Curriculum for Early Education in Finland are supported with the use of Kindiedays:
- Children reach their full potential with playful learning based on world-leading research from Finland
- Educators observe and document learning intuitively, allowing them to pay more attention to the children
- Parents follow their children’s progress online, appreciating their preschool’s excellent care and pedagogical standards
- Preschools develop the teaching and learning based on formative assessment and learning data
Kindiedays offers three alternative packages: Starter, Portfolio, and Premium. All include tools for attendance management, daily routines, and rich communication. And your choice of functionality to support children's learning. And engage families in the child's learning journey.
How has it been spreading?
Kindiedays has been delivered to 18 countries within the past few years. It has been purchased by private preschools/kindergartens or chains in Europe, Africa, Asia, South East Asia, and South America.
Early education development is receiving increasing interest around the world and Finland is looked at one of the leaders in education. Finnish pedagogy, portfolio learning and formative assessment gain appreciation globally. Kindiedays is built in a flexible way, allowing any curriculum added to guide the teaching and learning. The SaaS model enables delivering Kindiedays to countries all around the world.
Kindiedays is available in Finnish, English, Spanish, Swedish, Estonian, and Norwegian.
If I want to try it, what should I do?
Via our website www.kindiedays.com you can order:
- Kindiedays Educator test credentials to try the app on your device
- Schedule an online demo with one of our experts
- Start a free 30-day trial of Kindiedays digital platform