We are looking for a coordinator for our Youth Ambassador community. We have recently partnered with IBO and are excited to take this community of future innovators to the next level.
We are revamping our offering and support and looking for an enthusiastic and skilled person to help with creation and execution of this new community direction.
The HundrED Youth Ambassador Community is all about empowering future innovators. We work with young people, aged 12 – 19 and help them create or continue to work on a solution or practice to solve a social challenge. We offer workshops, online forums, community events and opportunities to apply for a grant to bring their idea to life.
This community is a safe space for young changemakers to try out new ideas, practice participating in global forums and connect with like-minded people. As the community coordinator, you play an integral role in creating and maintaining this kind and positive space online.
HundrED believes that young people are a key stakeholder in the conversation on the future of education. We are committed to empowering young people and providing them with opportunities to share their voice and perspective with our wider community. If you want to be part of this, apply below!
This community coordinator position is a full-time role with a 12-month contract starting preferably the beginning of January.
- Manage and moderate a global community on Discord
- Understand current trends within the community and provide the team with insights
- Research relevant and topical events and opportunities to share with the youth ambassadors
- Plan and host online workshops (sometimes these happen on weekends)
- Collect feedback periodically and iterate programme for following cohort
- Source and proofread articles written by young people, publish them on our site
- Co-create social media campaigns involving youth ambassadors with the HundrED Communications team
- Share updates & feedback during weekly team meetings
- Responsible for safeguarding of the community members
- Coordinate outreach to speakers and workshop hosts
- Experience working directly with young people (aged 12–19)
- Exceptional writing skills in English
- Experience hosting online workshops and events
- Comfortable in front of the camera
- Knowledgeable about the SDG goals
- Experience managing online communities
- Enthusiastic, positive and excited to test out new ways to engage young people!
- Primary place of work: HundrED headquarters in Helsinki
Nice to haves
- Experience managing social media platforms (especially Discord)
- Up to date on trends in education and what young people are finding cool and interesting
- Additional languages
How to apply
- Please send your CV and a 1-2 minute video sharing your interest in this position to email@example.com.
- Application deadline is November 27th, 2022.
Who we are
HundrED is a Helsinki-based mission driven organisation that helps improve education through impactful innovations. We have researched over 5,000 innovations in over 150 countries and selected over 350 innovations in over 80 countries that are part of our community. This is made possible through our HundrED Community of over 1000 ambassadors who share and support our work.